Pine River Boating Access Site
Mackinac County, Michigan
For this sizable project, MKC Group was contracted by the Department of Technology, Management and Budget. Our goal was to take a piece of undeveloped property and transform it into a user-friendly public boating access site. Along with constructing the boat launch, we had to erect a nature interpretive center for the public to educate themselves on the variety of local plant and wildlife. The entire project was all new construction.
- Install Solar Electric Lighting System.
- 75 Watt Power Assembly
- Shoebox Light Fixture with 26 Watt Lamp
- Remote Real Time Clock
- Pave a new access road and parking lot.
- Strip existing topsoil, grade and maintain positive drainage
- Shape and compact the embankment to prevent erosion
- Lay Asphaltic Concrete Paving
- Install sheet piling for earth retention and excavation support.
- Build a timber boardwalk, ground stairs, railing and fencing.
- Fit a vault toilet from precast concrete with a 1,000-gallon capacity.
- Install drainage improvements and rip rap.
- Design new landscaping.